Wednesday, May 18, 2011

He's a Softy

If you've spent any length of time around my little boy, you understand this child's infatuation with soft things on his face.

I know it sounds strange.  Since we brought this little booger home from the hospital, he has been crazy about fabrics. 

As a new-newborn, he would baby-reflex blankets up to his face.  I hated it; it scared me to death. 

He never outgrew it.  I can't put him down to sleep without a blanket pressed against his cheek.  It's actually pretty cute. 

What's better is that as he's grown, so has his love for all things soft.  He doesn't discriminate.  It doesn't have to be any particular blanket.  Heck, it doesn't even have to be a blanket.  It can be a pile of laundry (again, he's not choosey.  they don't even have to be clean clothes), a stack of scrap fabric, dish cloths, the baggy part of a sweatshirt or jacket I'm wearing.  This child lets out a squeal of glee and dives face first into to fabricated goodness. 

Then, with fistfulls of softness, he looks up at me with his nose scrunched up, smiling and laughing, and softly lays his head on whatever it is he's loving on. 

It's precious.  It's one of my favorite little quirks about him. 

Also, I've noticed that I slipped up and said Baby S' name on video... and typed out T's name.  I may step out from behind the curtain here pretty soon.  Baby S' name is just too cute to keep a secret!

1 comment:

marissa said...

This might be one of the cutest things I've ever heard. I need to see him doing that in action. Next time I come to see you, I'm going to wear velvet or fur or something. ;]