Thursday, May 12, 2011

No Pain, No Gain.

Remember this post and picture?

Well, after lots of complaining, the warm weather is here to stay! Hard work is beginning to pay off! My garden is doing wonderfully!

I know there will be lots of pictures in this post that no one cares about. It's more for T and I to have to refer back to mid and late summer.

So back to the photograph. Take a look at what's been going on for the last month ...



Yeah, buddy!
I know - not as cute because there's no baby pictured. Unless you want to see ropes of baby snot (graphic, right?), little man is in no condition to be photographed. He's feeling MUCH better, but the little cold is making it's not-so-fabulous exit through his nose. He's still cute to me though!!

Don't worry. There's a video of him at the end to satisfy us all.

In the meantime, here's a look around our jimmy-rigged container garden.

My Sunflowers -- from seed!

Petunias & Pansy ... in a toolbox. We're crafty.

Our 70's County Ranch Petunia Set-Up. (Also pictured, the crap snap dragon and basil)

Dianthus.  Pretty, but not as exciting as I would have liked.  Easy. (Also pictured - My Mint, which is absolutely going psycho.) 
On to the Veggies! 

 This only shows about 2/3 of the garden, but a majority of the fruiting plants. 
This right here is my baby.  Would you believe that I started this from SEED?? It's a legit plant now.  I couldn't be more proud of it.

 My green & purple green beans.  They are so pretty! It's got a TON of beans on it!

Ugly picture - I know.  This is my cucumber. They sprouted overnight.  Literally.

 Sugar Snap Peas. 4 1/2 feet tall already! From seed.

Sweet Basil & Lemon Basil. 

The token Gardenia bud beauty shot. 

My little begonias.  These started coming up like ... 4 months ago practically. Finally blooming.  I still might give up on them.  They just aren't the prettiest. 
And last but not least, I present you with a video of the little man making the most wonderful noise EVER! 




No comments: