Thursday, September 1, 2011

That Time I Waded in the River ...

... with a 20 pound toddler on my shoulders, with my camera in my bra, and freezing cold water up to the top of my stomach.

We live within walking distance to a beautiful state park with river access.  Usually a few times a week, Todd takes the dog to the river to swim.  Saul and I come sometimes and feed the ducks.  Too cute, right?

CIMG3644

Except this day, the river was REALLY low and I forgot the bread for the ducks.  Dang.  Guess that means Saul is going to play in rocks and mud ... awesome ...

CIMG3646


Todd took this opportunity to make a family memory... or something.

CIMG3653

Oh, yes.  Before I know it, he's chest-deep in the water and going out to a huge sandbar.  He asked me to come along.  I dipped a pinky toe into the water and said, um, yeah.  No, thank you.

After being really bored and whining about being bored for about 10 minutes and Saul whining and pointing to go over to Dada and Puppy, I said WHAT THE HECK!! And joined him.

CIMG3655


We had such a fun time! We walked around the sandbar. Saul drew in the sand with sticks. Got super messy. Ran. Fell down. Laughed. Had a ball!

CIMG3663

CIMG3674



CIMG3680
I think it's days like these I'll look back on in 20 years and wish I could relive just for 5 minutes. I'm doing all I can to live in the moment with this special little boy, this handsome young man, and precious dog. My little family of 4.

2 comments:

mama j said...

Why do boys love dirt so much????

marissa breanna said...

Aww! So sweet!