Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Never Underestimate the "Base Tan"


Being a fairly olive-complected girl, I always scoffed at the idea of feverishly applying sun block. Boy, was I stupid.

I resemble a little crawfish right now.

My weekend was, in a word, wonderful.

Gardening was done. Steaks were grilled. Thrift stores were ravaged. Large amounts of coffee and lemonade was consumed.

Monday, we did, indeed, go to the lake. Momma Jules took Baby S since they live by the lake.

Let me tell you, that was hard. I figured up that I've spent a total of about 10 hours COMBINED away from my son since he was born -- almost a year ago. Whoa.

Admittedly, the 6 hour break was much needed and deserved (I guess?), but when their car veered off of our track, I was literally in tears. T was laughing at me. I couldn't help it.

I spent my afternoon laying in the sun, reading Southern Living and a fluff novel. I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cake. I took a few cat naps, which resulted in the single-worst sunburn I've ever had in.my.life. I watched my love fish, and he's quite attractive when he's fishing. But after an hour or two, I was watching videos of my little on my cell phone and camera. I kept asking T about every 5 minutes, "So, what do you think Munja is doing?" (Munja is our weird little nickname for our son. That, and "Head" it's weird, I know.)

I missed him so so SO much. We had a sweet little reunion around 5:30. I think I need a break from having a break from my son. :)

All my seedlings have sprouted. We bought tons of pepper plants and flowers at the ah-mah-zing sale Home Depot had this weekend. I got a red bell pepper plant. I LOVE RED BELL PEPPERS. They will be grilled non-stop once they're ready to harvest.

My house is a mess from this weekend's fun. I have cleaning to do, but being fried like bacon the way I am, I'm just not motivated.

My mom used to get me to clean my room by telling me to clean like the President was coming over for a tea party. Um .... ? I was very excited by the idea of Mr. Clinton coming for tea. Now, not so much, but I'm going to clean like the love of my life is coming home for supper. That gets me just as excited!

Have a wonderful day. Wish I had more pictures, but I don't. Maybe tomorrow :)

-M

No comments: