Thursday, June 16, 2011

Keep Love Alive: 1

I think if you talk to any old, wrinkly couple, they'll tell you that laughter is one of the keys to having a successful relationship for all their years.

Well, Todd, nor I, are very funny people.  I mean, I think he's hilarious, and I keep him laughing pretty good, but most people wouldn't really classify us as "the funny couple."

However, we laugh together a lot.  Over really, really stupid stuff.

Which brings me to my point.  For Saul's birthday, we decided to get him some bath toys.  Every kid needs bath toys, right?  And it's like a right of passage for a kid to have those foam alphabet letters that stick to the tile when they're wet, right?  Of course it is.

Saul is more interested in sticking them on his chest and squealing with glee about that.

Todd and I LOVE THEM.  We have so many games that we play with these little letters. 

One game is to try to toss them at the wall and see if they stick.

Another game is to stack as many as you can on top of each other and see if they float.

Our FAVORITE game is what I'm about to share with you.  When either of us takes a shower, we try to leave words or phrases for the other on the wall.  That may seem easy, but it's not.

I only take out a handful of letters and change them out weekly for Saul.  I mean, what is he going to do with the entire alphabet? 

We absolutely die laughing every time we go into the bathroom.  The phrases are so stupid and make NO sense, but for some reason, it turns over our "giggle boxes" a-la-second-grade.

Here's some of the messages we've shared this week.





It's the little things, people.  Little things can make or break your relationship.  I'm telling you!  I hope that today, you do something silly with the person you love and laugh until your stomach aches. 

Love, M

No comments: