Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's about time!!

Seriously.  We're praisin' over here!

Last night, SAUL SAID HIS FIRST WORD.

Yes, you read that right.   Yes, he is 16 months old.  No, he's not talking.  It's all right. They say boys tend to take their time.

He says, "Uh-oh!" all.the.time and at the appropriate times, and "Ba-ba" for food,  but that's pretty much it.  On a lucky day, you might catch him say Dada when Todd pulls up from work, but barely any Mama to speak of.

But he's very chatty.  Just not in English.  He makes a million noises with his mouth and imitates animal sounds and all that fun stuff.  He communicates well, actually, just not with words. 

Well, like I said, this all changed last night!

HE SAID "HELLO."  How fitting, right? And let me just tell you, it's too adorable to handle.  You may or may not be able to make it out, but I can.  I'm the momma - translator of baby garble.


We don't let him play with cell phones (because we're old people) and so if he gets to handle a phone, it's the cordless (yes, we have one).  So basically, he picks up remotes and other large objects and puts them to his ear like it's a phone. 
HOW CUTE IS THAT??!! 

I'm so proud of him!

Note: The video is SO not about me, but I'll just apologize for still being in PJs with unwashed hair and no makeup.  Oh well. :) I wanted to catch his little words


2 comments:

marissa breanna said...

Aww!!! YAY! Go Saul! That's so exciting! =D I still have the little "saul says dada" video saved on my phone. I love you guys!

PS, shut up, you always look gorgeous.

PPS, your new about page is *perfect*

mama j said...

Awww!!!! my little bootie talking. So exciting.xxo