Friday, August 26, 2011

Pin-spiration Re-creation Interpretation

Whoa.  Did that blow your mind?!

Well, if you know what Pinterest is, I'm sure you're addicted.

I know I am ... only kinda.  But anyway, there's a million and one ideas that I would love for my own home, style, child, tummy, etc.

Well, I read on one of my fave blog - Amy over at A Good Life Blog - that she was putting some of that pin-spiration to work!  I decided to do the same and started very small.

I pinned this little idea from Brooke at Pure & Noble


Too cute, right?  How earthy!  She used a tree branch for a curtain rod!

This morning, I had five minutes (!!!) to do something creative - and fast! I've been whining and complaining about putting up a curtain in our bedroom.  It's so open, you literally have to scrunch in the corner of the room if you want to change without all the neighbors seeing your goods.

So, I went to the backyard, got a stick, and VOILA!

Privacy AND style AND frugality! 
To show you how cheap I am, those curtains are made from a table cloth and some super-duper long piece of white fabric I found for .75 cents at the thrift store. 

Seriously, that "window treatment" cost me about ... $1.75. 

You just can't beat that with a stick. HA! 

Pun TOTALLY intended.

3 comments:

Dylan Drewry said...

Hey!
You blog is totally awesome! And trust me I know how it feels to have someone, you hardly know, say that about your blog. I just started one, and I am trying my best to make it my own too. I was also inspired to see that you proudly claim your love for JC. it may be cliche or underated these days, but he my life too. He deserves us all, but we don't deserve Him yet he gives all. How beautiful =] Anyway, i also sympathize with your "no fancy camera" plight, I try my best to post the best I can. Also, your blog is beautifully designed and mine needs a pickup (manlier of course) so I would love advice =]. Well now that this comment can't get any longer, I will end with this. Come check out my blog sometime, http://urbanmetropolisman.blogspot.com/
Thanks and God Bless
Dyl

Crystle said...

I've been on pinterest for the last hour! Truly addicting, but also an asset when it comes to inspiration. Well done!

mama j said...

I love your curtains,how cute and inexpensive. I'm all over "inexpensive" these days.