Monday, August 22, 2011

Truth Bomb for Y'all.

Saul's room smells like poop. 

I'm not joking.  It's awful.  I need some momma-to-momma advice on this one.

I take the diaper pail out OFTEN.  I even wrap his poopy diapers in these tiny, orange, baby-powder-scented bags that tie up like grocery bags.  I put baking soda in the bottom of every fresh garbage bag. 

The poor little guy's room STAAANKS. 

We open the windows to air it out.  I'll even mop in there more frequently, and the poop smell isn't even covered by PineSol.

I need help on this one.  Seriously.  Do DiaperGenies really work?  Should I invest in one of those?  Can anyone really swear by those things?  Are diaper pails one of those things that you just have to keep buying each year?  Help!!

Love, M


4 comments:

marissa breanna said...

All of a sudden, I don't want a baby as much as I did yesterday... ;]

Mamma J said...

Dump the diaper pale. I would continue to wrap them (poopie diapers) in plastic bags and put them suckers in the outside garbage can! problem solved. Marissa, that's funny

Renee said...

Is the DiaperGenie one of the fancy flip bins that are designed for diapers only? Cause they work beautifully!! We don't have one yet, our bubbas still got milky poos that don't smell bad, but it's def' on my 'to buy' list for when solids time arrives!!

Anonymous said...

Molly, I love reading your blogs! They often bring back so many memories of when my own baby girls were babies. I have to admit that we had two diaper genies and loved them. They really work...or at least they did years ago. (My girls, twins, are now 9). We had one in the nursery and one in the family room. The only time it smelled was when you took the "diaper sausage links" out to throw away in the outside trash container. However, once you twisted the ring and closed the lid, the smell went away. Good luck! :) -Nessie
P.S. Saul is beautiful! He looks like you.