Friday, August 19, 2011

Molly's Law

It's like Murphy's Law, but better.

I don't know much, but this much I know is true:

1. If I mop, then I subconsciously give myself license to drop bowls/cups full of sweet, sticky liquid all over the floor.  It happens every. single. time. without. fail.

2. If I clean the bathroom (the sink, especially), Todd will ALWAYS decide to trim his beard that night.  Again, every time.

3.  Anytime Saul comes up on a fun milestone, he gets sick.
  • 4 Months - Eating.  He got a cold and had to postpone giving solids to him until he was well. 
  • 6 Months - Crawling.  He got the mother of all colds, which turned into Bronchiolitis (or, something that sounded like it should be spelled that way). This turned him into a big ball of limp baby fever and coughing, and he quit crawling until he was better ... two weeks later. 
  • 13 Months - Walking.  He got some WEIRD virus and rash. I had my blog then, so you know what a nightmare that was.  Before he got sick, he started trying to walk.  Once he got sick, he was too tired to try.  It took him until 14 months to walk because of that awful germ. 
  • 16 Months - Talking.  Yep.  That's right now.  He's been trying SO HARD to communicate better for weeks now, and it's all shot to hell because of another cold.  CURSES! 
So basically, when it's time to potty training, I won't get my hopes up.  Little man WILL get sick before we master that skill.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope the little guy gets better!