Thursday, August 25, 2011

Keep Love Alive [Part 2]

Todd and I are planning on getting married pretty soon (who knows when, actually, because I'm so bad at wedding planning ... but that's a story for another day).

The pastor of our church has been coming over every Sunday evening to do some premarital counseling.

We are absolutely loving it.

Right now, we're focusing on communication and conflict.  Not because we have too much conflict, but because handling conflict constructively is essential to staying married.  The "title" or "motto" of the whole thing is to fighting FOR your marriage.

What I'm learning most right now is that so much conflict is a result of actually wanting to be more a part of your love's life.  That's odd, huh?  But it makes so much sense.

Talking to our pastor and working through this book has been so enriching to our life.  So today, in honor of my loving pseudo-husband, I'm going to post some random photos of us together over the past 3 years. Here we go!

firstphotoever
First Photo of us snapped EVER.

firstwedding
First Wedding

Airport
About to board my first airplane

Firstchristmas
I think this is our first Christmas ... not sure, though.

puertorico
In Puerto Rico in a Bear Grylls-style Beach Shack.

workpartypregger
Dinner for his work - 18 weeks pregnant.

Now, for the mushy stuff...

To my sweet Bangel,

I am so thankful for you.  I am so happy to be by your side in this crazy life.  You are the most amazing pseudo-husband any woman could ask for.  I am in awe of what an amazing father you are.  You continually show your dedication to living a Godly life and staying close to Jesus.  I think you're right; I think that loving Him first does allow all the other areas of your life to fall together.  You're doing such a wonderful job in your role of man.  I am so proud to call you MY man.  You're the love of my life, and I wouldn't change a thing about our love!!

Have a good day, y'all.  Go love on your man! He's good to you!


PS!! My best friend, Marissa is giving away a BLOG MAKEOVER! She did mine, and I LOVE it! She was so easy to work with, insanely creative, and took care of it all super fast!  Go enter the giveaway here .  Read her blog, too.  She's SO FUNNY!!

2 comments:

mama j said...

Oh!!! how beautiful. Love the pictures. I've never seen these. Your man's family loves you too!!

marissa breanna said...

Love, love, love this post. I'm so glad that you have someone who makes you so happy and loves you so much. You deserve it and more. Love you, Molly!

PS, thank you!